Catherine & Ryan, West Dene GardensJacaranda Weddings: 24-12-19
Date of your wedding? 21st September 2019
Where did you hold your wedding and why did you choose this venue? Our ceremony was held at All Hallows Church in Tillington which is where Catherine’s parents got married 31 years ago. The reception was held in a Marquee at West Dean Gardens because of its beautiful and picturesque setting in the English countryside.
If you had to sum up your wedding in one sentence, what would it be? A magical day filled with love and laughter!
How many guests did you have? 100 to the day and another 60 evening guests
Were there any notable speeches/music/readings or particularly memorable moments?
- During the ceremony, the best man presented an empty ring box as a joke!
- The father of the bride and groom speeches
What did you choose to have on your menu?
- Burrata Cheese with heirloom tomato salad, basil cress, rocket & white balsamic dressing
- Slow cooked pork belly with seared scallop, pea puree and nutbourne tomato dressing
- Fillet of beef and braised shin served with carrot puree, crispy potato galette, seasonal vegetables and beef jus
- Arancini bread crumbed confit tomato and pea risotto balls, stuffed with mozzarella and pesto with Mediterranean vegetables
- Lemon tart, mille feuille, meringue, raspberry gel and blackcurrant sorbet
What was your favourite part of the day? Our drinks reception in the sun at the sunken garden at West Dean with champagne and delicious canapes!
How did Jacaranda help make your day special? From start to finish, it was effortless! Their attention to detail was outstanding and nothing was too much trouble! The food was absolutely delicious and the staff were a joy!
Photographer: San Shawe – Sanshine Photography
Florist: Rococo Florist, Chichester
Marquee: Lewis Marquees
Band/DJ/Entertainment: Toast Functions
Cake (flavour of the cake and designer): Foxwood Wedding Cakes
- Ferrero rocher, Cherry bakewell, Lemon drizzle, Victoria Sponge
Stationery: Silk & Ink Designs
- Hair – Sarah Elizabeth Hair & Makeup
- Makeup – Bride did her own
- Bus – 1950’s Vintage Bus Hire
- Wedding cars – Country Style Cars
Videographer: Ground Films
Wedding Planner/Designer: On the day coordinator – Kate Thomas from Katrina Otter Weddings
Bride’s outfit: Dress – Enzoani from Proposals, Chichester.
Bridesmaids’ outfits: Mix Bridal
Groom’s outfit: Favourbrook & Neal and Palmer
Ushers outfits: Neal and Palmer
Back to Posts